Invitro Fertlisation or IVF is nowadays becoming a popular way to give birth to babies in artificial condition. It offers couples without children a big hope to have babies. It is the advanced technique of combining egg and sperm in their laboratoric conditions. It is one of the costly procedure. The fertilized embryo is implanted on to the uterus. Thousands of babies have been born through IVF since 1978, the year in which this procedure invented.
Infertility Conditions for IVF?
- Blocked or damaged Fallopian tubes
- Minor seminal problems, low sperm counts
- Inability of sperm to survive in cervical mucus
- No benefit from fertility drugs or Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI)
- Unexplained problems in conception
- A big hope for infertile couples of having a child
- No long-term problems observed in IVF BabiesDisadvantages?
- Multiple birth: Since more than one embryo is transferred to the uterus, the chance of producing more than one baby is great.
- Fertility drugs may produce certain side-effects: like headache, nausea, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome etc.
- Increased risk of ectopic pregnancy, is a condition where embryo implants in abdominal cavity or fallopian tube (outside uterine cavity).
- chance of getting baby with birth defects yet very.
The IVF procedure involves the following steps:
- Production of mature and fertile eggs from ovaries by stimulating ovaries using fertility drugs
- Hormone injection for multiple egg production (ovulation induction)
- Retrieval of eggs and sperm collection
- Fertilization and embryo transfer
Success Rate ?
Success rates for IVF depend on various factors such as condition, age, location of procedure. IVF in younger ages may have improved success rate as the egg produced in the younger ages may be more healthy.
Success rate can be improved by:
- Keeping a healthy weight
- Avoid smoking, alcohol drinking
- Limit the use of caffeine
Repeated IVF failure can reduce your success rate significantly.
GuruInfertility Center provides infertility treatments for both men and women. Our IVF treatment have shown greater rate of success. We have helped many patients to fulfill their dream of having a child.
Contact us to take your first step- We're with you all the way!